Find A Magician is a way for people visiting our S.A.M. site to find a local magician. If they put in their zip code, it will search for magicians within a fifty mile area. If someone puts in your name, it will also find you. This is a great way for laymen visiting our site to find magicians for their local events.
Find A Magician, for now, is a free service for members of the S.A.M.. You are not listed in the search until you do a little set up. You also have to tell us to turn you on so you will be included. Here are the steps you must do:
Setting up Find A Magician
Insert the proper information
1. Go to www.magicsam.com
2. Sign in in the upper right hand corner where it says MEMBER LOGIN with your name and membership number.
3. In the MEMBERS HOME page, click on ACCESS MEMBER PROFILE.
4. Under CONTACT INFO, make sure the email and website is correct. (website must contain http://)
5. Near the bottom (just above Notes) look for PUBLIC PROFILE and put a check next to ACCESS TO PROFILE BY OTHERS
6. Fill in your STAGE NAME
7. PITCH is where you put two or three sentences advertising yourself. Things like: “Professional magician Harry Houdini performs for all types of parties. Voted best magic show by Parent’s Magazine, check out his website.” Don’t make it too long. Think small classified ad.
8. Next is TYPE OF MAGIC where you put a check next to the type of shows you do.
9. Now click on UPDATE PROFILE
10. Now click on your back browser arrow and go back to the MEMBERS HOME page.
Set up the Permissions
1. On the MEMBERS HOME PAGE, Look to the left and click on EDIT MY PERMISSIONS.
2. You will notice two columns: FIND A MAGICIAN and MEMBERS. Put checks in the Find A Magician column for non members/laymen who are looking you up. I would check just the information they need to know such as City, State, Zip/Postal Code, Phone, Stage Name, Pitch, and Type of Magic. Only these things will show up when they find you. The other column is for members who wish to find you. You can give them much more of your information such as address and Assembly Officer Position.
3. Click on SAVE PERMISSIONS at the bottom of the page.
Once you have completed the above, write to SAMtalkBruce@cox.net and put in the Subject Line: Turn on Find A Magician. In the email include your name as it appears on your membership card.
Once we turn you on, people will be able to find you by zip code or name.
You can download these instructions by Clicking HERE
You can watch a video of the process below